Resort Policies at The Greenbrier
Check-In / Check-Out
Check-In Time: 4:00 p.m.
Check-Out Time: 11:00 a.m.
Third or Fourth Party Occupancy
A fee of $50 per person, per night applies for additional guests 18 years or older.
The Greenbrier deposit requirement is equal to one night's room and tax charges. When requesting reservations, please note arrival and departure dates carefully. Late arrival or early departure will cause forfeiture of deposit, unless cancellation or changes are made fourteen (14) days in advance. All major credit cards are accepted to secure your reservation.
Deposits for holiday reservations (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's) are refundable up to 30 days prior to arrival. Holiday deposits are non-refundable within 30 days of arrival.
Resort Fees and Taxes
Valet Parking: $25 per night. Self Parking: complimentary
West Virginia State Taxes: 6% sales tax & 3% occupancy tax
Daily Resort Fee: $39.00 per room, per night
- Morning Coffee Service
- Afternoon Tea and Concert
- Nightly Movies in the Theatre
- Historical Tours & Presentations
- Fitness Equipment (at Tennis & Fitness Center)
- Children's VIP Cards
- Resort-Wide Wireless Internet
- Use of Indoor & Outdoor Pools
- Champagne Toast in The Casino Club
- On-Property Transportation
- Hiking & Meditation Trails
- Springhouse Entertainer Cabaret
Historic Preservation Fund (HPF)
A Historic Preservation Fund of 6.5% is collected to preserve and protect landscapes, buildings, and amenities that have played a meaningful role in The Greenbrier’s past while carefully planning the continuous improvement for the future.
Dress Code Policy
The Greenbrier enjoys the pleasure of hosting guests from all over the world. Throughout our 235-year history, many traditions have been established to make the visits of all our guests their most memorable experiences. The Greenbrier's Dress Code
distinguishes the resort and is an important complement to the standards our guests expect and deserve.
Families traveling with pets will now find The Greenbrier a welcome addition to their travel itinerary. The Greenbrier welcomes guests with pets under the following parameters:
- Pets are permitted in designated pet-friendly cottages for a $250 non-refundable pet fee per bedroom per stay ($350 for two pets). The pet fee includes deep-cleaning of each cottage prior to the next guest's arrival.
- Acceptable pets include cats (de-clawed only) and dogs weighing 30 pounds or less. Animals of any other species are not permitted on property.
- The Greenbrier welcomes Service Animals at any time. In this case the weight limit and pet fee do not apply.
- Amenities provided for your pet include a luxurious bed, treats and water bowl.
- Pets are welcome in guest houses and on the North Lawn and surrounding areas. Proper clean-up and disposal of pet waste is required. Pets are not permitted in the main buildings, pool areas, or golf courses including Valley View Trail.
- When outdoors, pets must be on a leash, in a carrier or held in arms.
- Pets are not to be left unattended in a cottage at any time, unless kept in a travel carrier or cage.
- Pet owners are responsible for any damage to the resort property or cottage.
- The Greenbrier reserves the right to remove any pet for improper behavior, including, but not limited to, excessive barking, biting, evidence of disease or urination or defecation in public areas.
Some guests choose their motorcycle as their mode of transportation to The Greenbrier. Should you wish to experience a scenic ride in West Virginia's Greenbrier Valley, The Greenbrier welcomes you to bring your motorcycle along. Advance notice is appreciated, but not required.
For registered overnight guests, please stop and inform the Security Officer at the Front Gate. Once your reservation is confirmed, they will direct you to the Front Entrance to off-load your luggage and then arrange for a complimentary shuttle ride from the secure motorcycle parking area back to the Front Entrance.
Our day guests who may choose to arrive by cycle, should park in the Train Station Parking Lot across Route 60 from the Front Gate. Motorcycles may park at this location, without charge, while you enjoy our historic property, shops and restaurants as day guests.